Whether you’re looking to move straight into the workforce, or to take an initial step in your tertiary education, an Australian Vocational Education and Training (VET) qualification can take you where you want to go.
Many of our VET courses incorporate a period of on-site learning, which means you don’t just learn in a classroom, but get priceless industry experience in a genuine work environment. It’s real-world industry experience that ensures your qualifications fully prepare you for employment in your chosen industry.
In general, VET study:
- Offers a variety of certificates and diplomas;
- Develops professional and personal skills, that are closely linked with industry;
- Develops career paths through a mix of study and practical work;
- Generally combines classroom study as well as hands-on training;
- Is competency based whereby students must demonstrate skills to gain a qualification.
VET providers offer a very large range of courses from Certificate I through to Bachelor Degrees, Graduate Certificates and sometimes Graduate Diplomas. Please find below a list of the courses that we offer:
- Certificate I in Access to Vocational Pathways
- Certificate I and II in Skills for Vocational Pathways
- Certificate II, III and IV in English Proficiency
Business and Management
The most common programs offered in Australia are about Business and Management. This covers a wide range of fields. Some of the more popular programs offered in this field are:
- Certificate II, III and IV in Business
- Certificate IV in Frontline Management
- Diploma of Human Resources Management
- Diploma of Management
- Diploma of Marketing
- Diploma of Business
- Advanced Diploma of Management (HR)
- Advanced Diploma of Management
- Advanced Diploma of Marketing
Hospitality and tourism
These programs can lead students into supervisory positions in the food service, hospitality and tourism industries.
- Certificate II in Customer Contact
- Certificate II and II in Tourism
Sports & recreation
These programs enable students to gain employment in a variety of fields within the sports and recreation industries.
Students are provided with a fundamental knowledge of exercise programming, leadership and motivation, sports marketing, resistance training, nutrition, rehabilitation, personal training, and psychology.
- Certificate I in Sport & Recreation (16 weeks long including up to 4 weeks holidays)
- Certificate II in Sport & Recreation (30 weeks long with up to 6 weeks holidays)
- Certificate III in Sport & Recreation (48 weeks holidays including up to 8 weeks holidays)
- Certificate III in Fitness (48 weeks long including up to 8 weeks holidays)
- Certificate IV in Fitness (56 weeks long including up to 12 weeks holidays)
- Diploma of Fitness (52 weeks long with up to 12 weeks holidays)
- Diploma of Sport and Recreation Management (76 weeks long with up to 16 weeks holidays)